Her Daughter’s Behavior Changed, She Couldn’t Dress Herself, Her Mother Took Her To The Hospital And What They Found Living In Her Head Was The Reason

These critters can cause cerebral palsy in your children, learn the symptoms and what to do.

An Oregon mother, uploaded a video about a scare that she took with her daughter, decided to share her story with other parents to prevent them from going through what her daughter had to live

Luckily everything was a scare

According to what was published by Newsne, Amanda Lewis from Oregon decided to upload a video on YouTube and tell her story to warn other parents, and it is that just days ago, when she was helping her daughter to go to sleep, she noticed a strange behavior in her,

Decayed and couldn’t stand up to put on pajamas. The next day the symptoms worsened so he decided to take her to the emergency room.

As soon as she was treated, the doctor recognized the symptoms and explained the situation to the mother

“The doctor told us directly that, in the last 15 years, he had seen seven or eight children, our daughter’s age, with identical symptoms and most of them had a tick.”

“They looked at her whole body and brushed her hair very carefully, and that’s how they found a tick in her hair.”

The doctor gave him the diagnosis known as “Tick Paralysis.” After locating it, the visitor was removed, and as the doctor fortunately explained once the intruder was removed, the symptoms disappeared.

When the heat comes, the ticks appear

According to the reports about ticks, they are usually found in grasslands, shrubs and plants, and in the hot season even more so. Once they latch onto your body, they seek to latch on to hot or humid areas, to settle in and suck blood. While tick bites do not transmit any disease, they sometimes carry bacteria that can cause diseases such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain spotted fever, or Tularemia, causing damage to the liver, heart, nervous system, kidneys, and sometimes even death.

“Tick Bite Paralysis”

Unlike the aforementioned diseases, a tick bite paralysis is not caused by an infection by bacteria, it is the only condition caused by a neurotoxin produced by the saliva of the female tick, laden with eggs, while feeding on blood releases the toxin to the person or animal, causing its first symptoms in a period of 2 to 7 days beginning with a weakness in the legs and early paralysis, spreading upward to the trunk and arms.

Fortunately in humans the symptoms disappear as soon as the tick is removed, but in animals such as dogs or cats or sheep it can be fatal.

It is important to always consult a doctor because although it is expected that when the bug is removed the symptoms will disappear, sometimes the patient may have respiratory complications. These cases generally occur in children under 10 years of age, according to the doctors from the Dam Clinic in Spain.

As prevention they recommend the following:

«Use insect repellants and protective clothing in tick-infested areas. Likewise, after being outdoors, the skin should be examined and any ticks removed »

“As a general rule, if ticks are found in children, it is a good idea to take notes and save the information for several months. Many tick-borne diseases do not show symptoms immediately and the incident can be forgotten by the time the child becomes ill with a tick-borne disease. ‘

In children, nothing better than a daily bath

It is so nice to see our children clean and healthy, daily bathing is the best way to prevent many diseases, observing if they have a bite or something abnormal. Thus it also promotes personal hygiene so necessary for life.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *